Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Burnin' Up For YOU...baby

SO...my unabashed affection for the Jonas Brothers came to a pinnacle tonight as I attended the long-anticipated Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience. As it is my birthday week (full of fun, excitement, and other nostalgia), I coerced two of my dear friends to attend with me. It was one of my birthday wishes.

We got to the ticket counter of the vacant Century Theater and I coyly said to the theater attendant, "I bet you won't believe we're here to see the Jonas Brothers, huh?" She handed over my $10 ticket, proclaiming that the "film" wasn't doing too well in its one week stint in theaters. That didn't temper my excitement. We proceeded through the front corridor of the building, working our way back to theater 10, not-so-secretly hoping to run into a giant cardboard cutout of these underage eyecandy phenoms. I squealed with the glee of a 14 year old, prepubescent school girl and asked one of the gentlemen en route to the bathroom if he would indulge me with a photo. He rolled his eyes as if to say, "Are you kidding??" He took two frames (without even having to be asked), and continued on his way.

We were able to rent out the entire theater for a sly $30! We took our seats in the empty auditorium and I muttered a quick, but sincere, apology to Ash and Lynsey for the impending lame-ness awaiting them. This was followed by a quick, but sincere thank you for indulging me in my birthday wish. We donned the 3D eyewear provided by the theaters (they seriously were magic!) and the show started. Those Jonas boys sure are adorable! I know I'm 6 years older than him, but Joe Jonas is my ticket to jail. Charge me with statutory, I'll gladly go! He was mesmerizing on stage, and the most alluring aspect was definitely the lime green, v-neck muscle tee. I love me a "man" who can sport the sleeveless look and not pass for gay. Oh yeah, and there was another part in their dressing room, but I won't divulge the juicy details. Mmmm...

After 1 hour and 16 minutes of 3D Jonas bliss (kind of), we vacated our otherwise empty auditorium and darted to the car. Ash kept her glasses (the only way to rationalize the cost of the ticket - I'm sure they're already in her trash at home...haha) and we had yet another laugh about my crazy fixation on these minors from Jersey. When I got home, I proudly put on my Nick Jonas tee shirt and finished up my birthday cake. "She has a tee shirt?" you ask? Well of course I do! What kind of a fan do you think I am?! Thanks, ladies, for entertaining my birthday wish. Hopefully I have planted the seed of Jonas goodness in your hearts.

5 comments:

Rowley's said...

I hope you are having a great birthday! Did you hear that they are coming to the Stadium of Fire? I bet there is a ticket with your name on it. You can see them in person and maybe get your ticket to jail : )

tiburon said...

OH NO! You could have taken Avery - you should have let me know ;)

Glad you got to see it :)

Crystal S. said...

You crack me up! I'm glad you got to finally see it. Just think in a few months we'll get to see them in person (fingers crossed! ha, ha).

TPlayer said...

How was I forgotten on this outing? Did you not read my blog about my obsession with boy bands?! Sad... (although I admit, I haven't yet come to appreciate the Jonas Brothers). So I guess it was a great bday announcement this week to find out they're coming for Stadium of Fire? :)

Stacey said...

HAH! i'm so there for stadium of fire...