Friday, August 6, 2010

Untitled 8.6.10


So...it turns out that Real Simple agrees with my shrink. Today's thought is:

“We’re so busy watching out
for what’s just ahead of us
that we don’t take time to
enjoy where we are.”

― Bill Watterson

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just dating for fun (unfortunately, I didn't learn this lesson when I was 17). I am NOT going to marry everyone I date, nor do they want to marry me, or commit to me long-term, or be with me 24 hours a day. They just want to have fun with me, with the possibility of seeing where it goes. I've been so paranoid in my dating ventures that I have neglected having fun with the guys I go out with - I'm just constantly looking for the signs that I could marry them...doing both of us a huge disservice! I know, I'm severely retarded.

Now that I've revealed all my neuroses to the blogosphere (or at least the 4 people who actually read my blog), again, I ask, please withhold judgment...or at least judge me in person.

5 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

I truly needed this, Stacey. Thanks Girl. I'm really the same way. 100%

Teachinfourth said...

Amen, sister! I couldn't agree with you more. Also, anyone who quotes Bill Watterson has to be absolutely amazing.

TPlayer said...

Yay! I'm happy to know I'm one of the 4. (and you know you have MANY MANY more followers than that). PS.. I don't think you're "retarded" (I hate that word, by the way)..and part of me disagrees with your shrink. you date for fun when you're 17, not 27+. (At least not to the extent that it seems people do around these parts) Then again-I'm 30 and still single so what do I know?!

mCat said...

Love the quote and for the love girl, just relax and have fun!

xoxoxxox

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Love the quote! Hugs my friend!