Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Moon Soundtrack

I'll be the first to admit - I'm not a "Twi-Hard." I've only read the books once, and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen the movie. I do, however, squeal a little with girlish anticipation for the theatrical release of New Moon. I saw a new(ish) preview for it last night while waiting to see Zombieland (a fantastical feat of cinematic sublimity) and was embarrassed by my own excitement.

I didn't LOVE Twilight. In fact, I thought the bulk of it was laughable, but Edward is so dreamy and the love he has for Bella is one that would make any girl (even this one) go weak in the knees. The one element of this movie that was flawless was its soundtrack. Man, that Stephenie Meyer can channel vampires through music with the best of them!

I decided to find out when the New Moon soundtrack would be available, and it's up for presale on Amazon. The track listing hold tremendous potential!


1. Meet Me On the Equinox, Death Cab for Cutie
2. Friends, Band of Skulls
3. Hearing Damage, Thom Yorke
4. Possibility, Lykke Li
5. A White Demon Love Song, The Killers
6. Satellite Heart, Anya Marina
7. I Belong To You (New Moon Remix), Muse
8. Rosyln, Bon Iver & St. Vincent
9. Done All Wrong, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
10. Monsters, Hurricane Bells
11. The Violet Hour, Sea Wolf
12. Shooting the Moon, OK Go
13. Slow Life, Grizzly Bear (with Victoria Legrand)
14. No Sound But the Wind, Editors
15. New Moon (The Meadow), Alexandre Desplat

I think I'm most excited for the collaborative effort of Bon Iver and St. Vincent - I predict it will be spectacular! If you haven't listened to either, they are both at the top of my "most played" playlist. And I'm officially announcing I have more anticipation for the soundtrack than the actual movie (but I'm still excited to see how the songs mesh with the scenes). The countdown for November 20th begins...

2 comments:

Kenneth Hixson said...

you did such an awesome job describing Zombieland and its awesomeness.

Daisy said...

I'm super excited too! I loved the first soudtrack and can't wait to listen to this one!